Monday 24 April 2017

Final Thoughts

My time at the Shepparton Festival was conflicting. I was unsure beforehand whether or not I would enjoy myself, and that feeling lingered long after the final event. I must note that this is neither the fault of the festival staff or the artists.
     I found it hard to overcome my pessimistic, predetermined mindset, viewing everything as if it were simply black and white, monotonous and boring. Yes, some moments were joyous, but I didn't find myself defying gravity and bounding from my bed the following day. As somebody who barely ventures out of his comfort zone and into the realm of art, the Shepparton Festival wasn't enough to pull me into a new world.
     However, I loved the poetry workshop. It felt invigorating to finally have the chance to participate in something related to literature. I had waited two weeks for that moment, and I allowed myself to savour every minute; I just wish there were more.
     I would like to add that my voice speaks not for the artists of this world. I can guarantee that you will all enjoy yourselves at the Shepparton Festival, for there is something for everyone. The festival is a beautiful display of community, and how art can bring many different peoples together.
   

No comments:

Post a Comment