Sunday 23 April 2017

The Art Path

It was a short trip from SAM to the Art Path. Over bridges, down dirt and gravel roads, passing cars slowly, creeping towards the trees in the distance. People swarmed the area, some absentmindedly walking out in front of me as I selected a park.
     I walked around the Australian Botanic Gardens, walking from piece to piece and place to place. I skipped the activities, though I acknowledged the parents and their children sitting at the stalls. It was admirable to watch as differing generations were brought together to create art. 
     I was surrounded by art. It hung from the trees, stood like creatures in the shrubs, and beckoned people forwards to involve themselves. It was asked that people would take selfies, using the art to frames themselves. Each piece, in different ways, related to art; and from this, in the same way that the community related to the festival and its art, the festival and its art were related to nature. 

No comments:

Post a Comment